In light of the COVID-19 situation, our teams are working hard to ensure that we move forward with EduAwards. We are adjusting the delivery of the awards and will keep everyone informed when we have more information available.
Thank you for your submission, support, and patience.
KIES EduAwards 2020
EduAwards is back!
KIES2020 brings you the 3rd edition of EduAwards, a platform where we recognize and award three start-up companies in Asia’s education space.
In line with our symposium’s theme of ‘Enabling Sustainable Change through Education’, EduAwards is seeking promising businesses that are reimagining the future of learning and work, thus showcasing the potential to create scalable impact- locally, regionally, and globally.
In addition to market validation, this platform will provide the three winning organizations an opportunity to showcase their company’s business objectives at the EdTech Asia Summit 2020. KIES2020 would be a timely opportunity to network and collaborate with education investors, potential customers and other innovative start-up entrepreneurs.
Our goal is to help you accelerate your growth to success. Here are a few of the benefits that come with the award.
MEDIA COVERAGE & PUBLICITY
Gain external validation and worldwide exposure that will increase brand awareness and business growth.
pitch your startup
Present at EdTech Asia Summit 2020 to a group of 350+ global attendees.
Inspire and be inspired by fellow entrepreneurs. Meet with investors, potential customers, and leading technology and education publications.
Receive a modest cash injection to help propel your company’s growth.
An international panel of eminent education and Edtech leaders will assess applications on the following criteria:
Your product must demonstrate evidence of commercial interest and/or success through a reasonable number of customer deployments.
Financial return on investment
Your financial model must demonstrate rigor and feasibility. The projections are reasonable and there are prospects for long-term profitability.
Feasibility of business model
Company must have or should be working towards a sustainable and scalable business model.
Your product presents a clear value proposition to solve a well-defined problem in education in an interesting, innovative, and creative way.
You make a deep impact on the learning process or the facilitation of learning delivery. Your company has the potential to change the status quo at a regional or global level.
Join the ranks of the edtechs we have honored and celebrated!
Don’t miss your chance to earn well deserved recognition for your innovative work!
For consideration of the award, please prepare the following two items:
- 1. Online Form
- - Company name
- - Location and year founded
- - Brief description of business and solution
- - Target subsegment (Pre-K, K-12, Higher Ed, Prof. Dev, Lifelong learning, after-school services, etc.)
- - Customer type (B2B, B2C, B2B2B)
- - Contact information
- 2. Pitch Deck (.pptx or .pdf)
- - A deck of no more than 12 slides; must include background info, value proposition, revenue model and financial projects, target market analysis, competitive advantages, team and anything relevant that may enhance your application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1. When is the deadline for submitting the application?
- - The deadline is March 10, 2020.
- 2. Are there any fees for entering the competition?
- - No, there are no application fees.
- 3. May I submit my online form and pitch deck at separate times?
- - No, the online form and pitch deck must be submitted at the same time.
- 4. May I submit a pitch deck that has been submitted to another competition?
- - Yes, you can participate in multiple business plan competitions as long as you meet the requirements of this competition.
- 5. Can I enter the competition if my company already receives funding from investors?
- - Yes, you may still enter the competition.
- 6. Will I receive feedback about my submission?
- - We will notify you of receipt of your application and the outcome. Please understand that as we receive many submissions, we cannot provide individual content-related feedback to all applicants.